using torque on armatures

My objects have armatures so i was trying to use some physics motion instead of loc, rot ,no matter how high i set it to can’t get torque, or force to work. It works on a mesh easily but not for the armature. Can it be done for bones?

digiman

Anyone know?

digiman

You can try to use a armature ragdoll. Parent your bones to a control bone and the control bone to a invisible cube this cube can controlled by a force. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEhK0BaQ8gc

But if you want to simulate under water wave you can try a wave shader. I have written one.

Attachments

wave.blend (290 KB)

I will view the video. The real problem i guess is that i tried moving my objects that have armatures with force and torque and nothing really happens no matter how high i set the force or torque too. using loc and rot works great but a bit too stiff so hopefully that tutorial will have answers to why mine don’t move even if i set the gravity low

digiman

His tutorial did not help me. My armatures are set to rigid I am going to try dynamic armature to see what happens. I must be doing something wrong, it should not be so difficult to get physics on my rig

digiman

I don’t really understand exactly what you are trying to do but maybe this helps
BRIK
live ragdoll

FunkyWyrm and I are working on ragdolls and how to transform an armature to a ragdoll (so you can apply correct physics). It is all still very much work in progress but maybe it helps.

I have tried it and ist is working. But if you do that so the whole armature is moving, not the singel bones.
Do you have a testfile?

I have a test object (fish) it moves great but it looks stiff. Example, when the object rotates to the left it stops on a dime the rotates to the other side and stops on a dime. Nothing stops that quick in real world, if it rotates for example it would stop but not so quickly which would make it look much more real. I thought if i could use physics instead of rot and loc then it would move smoother, that’s what i am trying to do. Any ideas on how to do that? Using physics buttons make the object go a bit crazy like picking up speed and i don’t like the control either

digiman

You never want to use physics on a non-mesh object; it just doesn’t work very well. Just make a mesh (usually a box is the best idea, and then control the shape with the physics bounds settings), make it invisible and the parent of the armature, and apply all the physics to that mesh.

I modified the Statetest2.2.blend now it works with LinV (Statetest3.blend).
EDIT:
And here ist a version with force (Statetest4.blend).

Attachments

Statetest3.blend (230 KB)Statetest4.blend (234 KB)