USS Enterprise - NCC 1701 (Prime Universe)

Warp core top progress… Adding navigational lights, maneuvering thrusters, plasma release vents, external computer components and changing body shader to a more “duranium alloy” like color…
[ATTACH=CONFIG]512765[/ATTACH]

Attachments

2 Likes

can you explain model mesh and nodes set up for the red / white lights
it looks as an interesting effect

thanks
happy cl

Impulse engines breakdown:

1. The impulse engines housing

2. Impulse thrusters

3. Moving nozzles

1 Like
  1. Fixed Nozzles

2. Assembling all these elements

3 Likes
  1. Adding glare node

The node for the light

This effect cannot be achieved using the default color management. You need to select the filmic color management.

2 Likes

Nice! I was going to comment that the earlier renders didn’t look like they had the “duranium alloy” look to them, but I figured you just hadn’t gotten to it yet.

Adding more plasma conduits, adding navigation lights, adding (test) window rooms and lights…

Just playing with my WIP model… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh man, it keeps on getting more and more awesome. Kinda wish they used your ship for the remastered version. :smiley: That pew pew is also awesome. :wink:

Starship Corridors - Test render (just testing a draft pbr texture that i made with inkscape. These corridors will be seen through the saucer windows…)

2 Likes

Testing corridors on saucer windows…

2 Likes

Observation deck / mess hall (saucer fore) test

There is something wrong with the glass shader. It doesnt transmits light… :frowning:

2 Likes

Observation deck / mess hall progress

3 Likes

Testing the visible rooms on the model. They are quite dark… :frowning:

1 Like

Mini status update

1 Like

OMG it looks incredible so far.

It’s looking brilliant at the moment! I love the new look of the nacelles, especially the end. Looks very sleek! The interiors are a nice touch as well, it adds an extra touch of realism. I’ll be keeping my eye on this.

This looks really great. I was wondering what was the cause of the dark glass and how did you solve it?

Mini status update (testing saucer light bouncing, “sleekifying” saucer)

2 Likes

Looking awesome! I tried doing a NCC-1701-D but ran into issues with references as some show the shell of the ship with extreme bump to the panels and then some showed it with a smooth panel look. And even in the series they switched often as well so I kind of gave up on it. Can’t wait to see the finished result of this. Top notch modeling there.