UV editor can't change select mode with hotkey with sync off

I have set hotkeys 1, 2, 3 to swap between select modes in UV editor. These work just fine when the sync mode is enabled, but it has to be disabled for many purposes, and when disabled the same hotkeys instead change the selection modes in the 3d view, even though the UV window is active. If I only have UV editor visible, no split view, they do nothing.

I found these window hotkeys for 1, 2, 3 which cause the select mode change in 3d view and disabled those, and now the hotkeys just do nothing. Does a function this basic really need some custom addon? The hotkeys work just fine when the sync is enabled. And, in 3d view I use a,s,d for the select modes so the hotkeys don’t even overlap (1, 2, 3 are for isometric views.)

Works fine for me with UV sync disabled. Make sure you have hotkeys for wm.context_set_enum (tool_settings.uv_select_mode as the context attributes) in the keymap > Image > UV Editor > UV Editor (Global). These affect selection modes when UV sync is disabled, while mesh.select_mode is for when it’s enabled: