Hello, i’ve got a big update of Tube UV Unwrap, read below…
Tube UV Unwrap
UV unwrap tube like meshes (all quads, no caps, fixed number of vertices in each ring)
- Works only on tube-like parts of mesh defined by selection and active vertex (therefore you must be in vertex selection mode) and the selection must have a start and an end ring. Tube-like mesh is: all quads, no caps, fixed number of vertices in each ring. (Best example of such mesh is mesh circle extruded several times or beveled curve (not cyclic) converted to mesh.) There must be an active vertex on one of the boundary loops in selection. This active vertex define place where mesh will be ‘cut’ - where seam will be placed.
- Result is rectangular UV for easy texturing, scaled to fit square, horizontal and vertical distances between vertices are averaged and proportional to each other.
- tab to Edit mode
- select part of mesh you want to unwrap, tube type explained above
- make sure your selection has boundaries and there is an active vertex on one border of selection
- hit “U” and select “Tube UV Unwrap”
- optionally check/uncheck ‘Mark Seams’, ‘Flip’ or ‘Rectangular’ in operator properties
0.3.0 updated to blender 2.8
0.2.5 blender 2.73 api change
0.2.4 removed rectangular option and removed that portion of code since was very buggy. because nobody complained, then it is redundant and never used. also i can’t really remember why i thought it might be useful. so it is gone forever…
0.2.3 clarified docs (i hope so)
0.2.2 fixed maximum recursion depth exceeded error on large meshes
0.2.1 new option, ‘Rectangular’: if true, all faces will be rectangular, if false, horizontal edges will be scaled proportionally and whole, island will be centered in layout (just a by-product)
0.2.0 almost full rewrite, now it works on selection only, any mesh will work, if selection comply to requirements
0.1.3 fail nicely when encountered 2 ring cylinder
0.1.2 got rid of changing edit/object mode
0.1.1 fixed accidental freeze on messy geometry, fixed first loop vertex order (also on messy geometry), uv creation part completely rewritten from scratch
0.1.0 first release
Equalizes scale of UVs of selected objects to active object.
- Use when tileable texture needs to be applied on all objects and its scale should be the same across them.
- Available in Object menu of 3d view while in object mode.
- To enable, more than two mesh objects must be selected, one must be active.
- Default behavior is active object determines scale and all other objects will be adjusted. This can be overrided unchecking ‘Use Active’, then all objects will be averaged.
- Island scale averaging and repacking is optional and will yield a better result.
0.2.3 better fix for bug fixed in previous version…
0.2.2 fixed bug which prevented script to work, operators are used for transforming uvs, but when in image editor is loaded ‘Render Result’, UV will not be displayed and therefore operators will not work… it’s one line fix, just set displayed image to None…
0.2.1 auto deselect non mesh objects
0.2.0 complete rewrite, now it is pure math
0.1.2 fixed different uv names bug
0.1.1 uuid windows workaround
0.1.0 first release