UV Equalize and Tube Unwrap addons (updated)

There is only “Tube UV button”. I don’t see “Mark seams” checkbox.

I think yes! It can be as a checkbox “Scale loops”, for example.

try F6 after running operator, or check operator options (or how it is called) in lower part of toolshelf (T) in 3d viewport :slight_smile:

I cant get the rv 0.2.0 to work? Whats the workflow now?

I keep getting the error " Active vertex is not on selection boundary"

try it as on animated gif in first post, alt+shift+click to select ring, if you do it in vertex selection mode, nearest vertex will be highlighted = active, if last ring is on edge of whole selection, you get active vertex on selection boundary…

i think i need better error messages :slight_smile:

Okay its works indeed now. But selecting a big mesh does take more time now. I fixed this by ctrl + clicking and than manually do the last loop. But it doesnt work all the time.

Thanks! At home machine i see the checkboxes.

well, there are many ways to get right selection, for example lasso select + last loop manually, select one loop the ctrl + and last loop manually, etc. the script does not care how you get selection, but it needs one active vertex on edge of selection and selection must be continuous loops next to each other…

see the first post for 0.2.1 update. new Rectangular option, True by default is the normal, current behavior, if False, horizontal edges are scaled proportionally by each ring circumference…

@mifth hope you find it useful :slight_smile:

But it doesnt always seem to work on closed meshes. I keep getting those error of “Active vertex is not on selection boundary”

I get this error on a bigger mesh where i first select a loop and than ctrl + select the rest and than the last manual loop i do by hand.

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.71/scripts/addons/uv_tube_unwrap-210.py", line 617, in execute
    r = tube_unwrap(self, context, self.mark_seams, self.flip, self.rectangular, )
  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.71/scripts/addons/uv_tube_unwrap-210.py", line 138, in tube_unwrap
    walk(active2, linked)
  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.71/scripts/addons/uv_tube_unwrap-210.py", line 136, in walk
    walk(n, linked)
  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.71/scripts/addons/uv_tube_unwrap-210.py", line 136, in walk
    walk(n, linked)
    walk(n, linked)
    walk(n, linked)
  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.71/scripts/addons/uv_tube_unwrap-210.py", line 133, in walk
    ns = get_neighbours(v)
  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.71/scripts/addons/uv_tube_unwrap-210.py", line 125, in get_neighbours
    if(a == v):
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in comparison

Its much longer but i cutout all the same lines

can you send me an example of this? saved while in edit mode? so the selection is kept?
and for the error, investigating it, your mesh is >1000 vertices, right?

should be fixed now, test it please…
j.

Yes!!! Now it’s super cool!!! Thank you a lot! It has become super-unwrapper!
http://i.imgur.com/Uo7zucs.png

I want this addon to be in Blender addons! Please, add it to blender! :slight_smile:

If I’m correct it said 15000 even. It was the metal if a bar chair made of a curve and than set to mesh. I just a example of some one else with a much more difficult mesh which did work. I will post the mesh as soon as I’m capable.

What’s your problem? You cannot select mesh?
Just select mesh with “L” key. Then select bottom point (it should be active). And use the addon.

@rombout I have just unwrapped 11000 poligons just with 2 clicks. :slight_smile:

there was a problem, with reaching recursion limit, now it is refactored and should work on any mesh. just install new version

okay here’s my mesh, with the new version i cant get the whole mesh to unwrap just parts. Selecting all by [L] doesnt work for me. Im working on mac, could this be the problem

Attachments

Legg error uv.blend (420 KB)

Tube should not be closed. http://i.imgur.com/UnTt6il.png