UV islands, UV mapping, and Texel Density Discussion (EDITIED)

Don’t worry about it. you are just getting the discussion started. So Texel Density example is good one. that got me thinking how it should be used. :thinking:
I am very familiar with Texture Atlas… You could say I am an expert in modeling and texturing using node editor in Blender. BUT i do not have enough knowledge to know more about texturing and how it should be setup for gaming.

:thinking:
Option A: What if there are 3 objects that have: the body and 2 wheels of a vehicles. If you unwrapped them that they have their own UV map separated from each other. That would take up lot of memory usage because there are 3 texture image, right?

Option B: Same with 3 Objects, Texture Atlas can be used to unwrapping all of 3 objects in the same UV map’s space. the islands of wheels are not in the same position because they have texture where they are dirt, rusty or old. So 2 wheels are separated. The texture size can be a little bigger than Option A. This can save a lot of memory usage because there is only one texture image? Right?