UV Map Issue with Imported Object

So, with permission, I got this fantastic model but when I imported it into Blender, I noticed an issue. The object has a large number of textures, which is fine. It’s just that the Blender UV map ‘area’ (image?) only fits a portion of the total UV map. I’ve tried creating a new image with the precise dimensions to fit the whole UV map, but when I do that, instead of fitting to the image, the UV map does all kind of weird things, like distorting.

Here’s a picture. Where you can see that the Blender UV map ‘area’ (sorry, don’t know the proper terminology) only fits one eighth of the object’s original UV map (the bottom left sector), and all of the rest of it is outside of Blender’s UV map area.

Is there some way to fix this? I’ve had this issue with UV maps before. It’s impossible to create an ‘image’ that fits them all without warping, which I don’t want because this object has pre-existing textures that I don’t want to mess with.

I’m running with Blender 2.76.

Your model uses UDIM textures. Blender 2.76 can’t handle Udim’s. Here*s a an introduction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR3Y9R2wmdI

1 Like

I do also have the newest version of Blender that I use to make models. However, I have to use Blender 2.76 to convert it to the game I want. Is it possible to edit it in the new Blender in a way that will make it work for Blender 2.76 (via Exporting Object) or am I out of luck?

As far as I can see, the only way to solve this is by assigning a different material for each UV-MAP tile of the UDIM (in your case eight). This works at least in Blender 2.79. You can usually ignore the shown offset of the UV-Maps in the UV-Editor in your attached image.