UV Map Ruined After Deleting Edge Loops on Leg-Body Connections

I was changing a model and deleted the leg-body edge loops to move the legs lower, and then reattached them. I forgot about the UVs though and the UV map was ruined, with the leg-body connections now all messed up in color.

All the seams are still there.

I could unwrap it again but the islands would be different since I changed the model a lot, so I’d have to paint new stuff, but I want to know if there’s anything else I can do first for my existing images.

P.S. Anyone know what the connection between the leg and body is officially called?

Assuming seams are good, you could try to salvage this by pinning all the good UV vertices (UV -> Pin in the UV editor), selecting everything and doing an Unwrap. Of course you’d have to fix up (move, scale) some of the UVs manually afterwards.

Alternately, assuming you still have the old model intact and it doesn’t differ from the new one too much, you could try the Data Transfer modifier to copy UVs from old to new, or perhaps unwrapping the new one and then baking the colors from the old to the new.

2 Likes

Hi,
The altered parts’ UVs need to be unwrapped again. There is an add-on called UV Toolkit that will allow you to only unwrap the selected islands. In this case you could avoid having to UV the entire object again. Select the altered islands, press Unwrap Selected, re-scale and fit into the map.
Here’s a link to the add-on - it has a lot of other handy UV tools.

P.S. Anyone know what the connection between the leg and body is officially called?

The hip?

1 Like

Thanks both of you! I understand how to correct it now.

Also I spose it’s called a hip joint.

Edit: ohohohohoho i did it

2 Likes

Way to go! :+1:

1 Like