UV maping nurbs again

(DAK) #1

I read a uv map tutorial, but it was only for gaming textures. When I hit the F key, I see no change, but it works only when I convert my nurbs to a mesh. Do I realy have to make all my nurbs into mesh? :frowning: I would not have made them nurbs in first place if this is so.
Someone told me that nurbs should have uv maping by default, but I do not think this is so in blender.
I will keep practicing with uv and maybe understand this more. Any more help would be appreciated.

(valarking) #2

just convert the damn things to mesh please. then apply subsurf.

(Briggs) #3

>just convert the damn things to mesh please. >then apply subsurf.

What an appropriatly useless response. Have you considered he may have a good reason for keeping it as nurbs? Subsurfs don’t have weights you know.

There is an actual answer though…

Dak: check out under the nurbs editbuttons, there should be a ‘uv orco’ button. this turns on uvmapping for nurbs, but it’s not the same thing as uv mapping for meshes from what I understand. it should however make any image that you apply to your nurb stick to it when deformed. Play around with this and let me know how it turns out.

(DAK) #4

That sounds like the thing I needed Zarf! Only problem is when I hit UV Orco, it crashes every time on render :frowning:

(Briggs) #5

That sounds like the thing I needed Zarf! Only problem is when I hit UV Orco, it crashes every time on render

Ack! what ver of blender is this?