UV mapping a video (time sensitive)

Hey, I did a quick search, and I didn’t find any other threads, so:

I’m basically trying to UV map a .wmv movie on a plane. I thought I read somewhere that you could do it, but can it be done? I’ve been trying but I can’t get it to work. Do I need a different format?

Thanks for any help.

No, there is no need to uv map. Add a material to the plane, add a texture (F6key)-select>Image>Movie(in the images tab). If you need alpha channel support click on the button labeled “use Alpha” if you have an embeded alpha, or “Calc Alpha” if you want black areas of your movie to be displayed as transparency. Finally, enable the button labeled "Z-Trans in the materials buttons(F5key)Sometimes you have to play with these hings a bit in order to get them to work correctly. For instance, on every computer that I have ever used Blender on the only way that I have been able to get this transparency option to work is to first enable “RayTrans” and then enable “Z-Trans”. Why? I’m not sure. Is this a bug or intentional? Not sure about that eithe. All I know is that this is how I have to do it every time on every maachine.