UV Mapping and unwanted material color?

Hello,

I’m using UV mapping in Blender, which I’ve done before. The problem this time is that for some reason there is a green material color (or something) which is washing out my texture. Since I’m not using a material, I made sure that I deleted any material associated with the mesh object (a simple cube this time), but the green color remains.

Any ideas on why this is occurring and how I can get rid of it?

Here is a link a screen shot of my green cube. Note, the texturing is just a random texture, and not meant to be perfectly mapped to the cube. But, the cube should be white, as the texture is, but it looks green!
Link:
http://www.inaneasylum.org/users/Thales/Default/greencube.jpg

Thanks for any feedback!

alpha in the texture?? I just wrote that up as a possibility in the wiki…

not in the jpg, but in the material settings.

Just to make sure I know what you’re referring to, you mean the material setting in the Buttons window? If so, I don’t have a material. But, just to check out your idea, I created one, and selected the material button, and in the material tab, I see that the alpha is set to 1.0, which I guess means no transparency. The green won’t go away. It’s like a bad stain in a shirt. :smiley:

I’ve been experimenting like crazy with this and as yet it has not gone away!
I’m suspecting the uv/image editor window, because I’ve been playing around with features in that, but I simply don’t know what the reason is.
Thanks for the help!

He mentioned your texture, not your material. Looks like vertex colored light to me. Make sure that you dont have VCol Light or VCol Paint enabled on the materials tab. Just curious about this: how is it that you’re able to uv map anything without a material? As far as I’m aware uv mapping is a property of materials within the object’s heirarchy. How are you doing it?

In this image the texture is uv mapped, but the RGB colors are vertex colored light and I can’t tell aany difference between your green and mine. other than you may have shadless enabled.

Attachments

Thanks. Yes, I posted the same question to the “Basics & Interface” section of the forum, and got the same answer, which solved it for me.

Just curious about this: how is it that you’re able to uv map anything without a material? As far as I’m aware uv mapping is a property of materials within the object’s heirarchy. How are you doing it?

I’m not sure. What happened, I believe, is I deleted (experimenting) the link from the material to the object. I looked at the object hierarchy in the Outliner window and the texture and material blocks are there, but are delinked from the cube object. I find it interesting that it still works when it’s delinked like that.

Rambo: I just added the UV without texture ‘feature’ to the wiki. Turns out you can UV map all day long without a material. It is only when you RENDER that then you get the default gray. Frequent newbie (and forgetful experience user) error.