UV packing

add-ons
commercial

(ambi) #101

Multiprocessing is possible, but it will be far down on the priority list. First priority is bug free software. Second priority is to get all the main features in (UV overlap, pack only selected)

(stanley82) #102

Good approach. Looking forward updates.

(actimelvanille) #103

hey guys, is it somehow possible to define groups so that i have the uvs for different objects close to eachother?

(fiendish55) #104

Currently not possible in blender. I think I read something about keeping uv islands that share same material id close together in some uv related thread but I could be wrong, still it felt like a good idea since why not having all metal bolts in same corner of the uv space etc? :smiley:

(actimelvanille) #105

also most big game companies request this, so this would be essential to have imo :slight_smile:

(Vilem Duha) #106

Hi just bought your addon, it’s great somebody finally just did the job for blender. Regarding ngons not working(yet) is this still actual? since you could simply convert the mesh to quads for your algorithm?

(ambi) #107

Ngons are not officially supported, only tris and quads. I’ve put some code in that should handle ngons better, but as I have very little time to do actual testing, I can’t promise that it will work all the time.

(cgxev) #108

Fantastic Addon, I’m really looking forward to being able to pack the selected islands. When do you think that might be available?

(Kelthor) #109

Really appreciate this add-on! I do texturing outside of Blender, so placing UV islands is something I like to avoid. Really speeding up my workflow here.

Edit: Can I ask you what the Flip function does? I am mirroring my objects using the mirror modifier, but I don’t see any difference with Flip engaged or not. It works great as is, just curious if I’m missing any functionality.

(jellbelle) #110

hey, great addon. Can u add button “Move overlaps to N tile” without repacking all mesh. For example i have UV map with tons of overlaps and i want to move it in one click. thanks

(jellbelle) #111

hey! great addon. Can you add button “move overlaps to N tile” without repacking UVs. For example i have UVmap with tons of overlaps and i want move overlaps in one click for baking etc. thanks

It doesn’t work with last versions of master.

(Ruflse) #113

Nice addon, but for some reason it stopped working for me. It just dissapeared from my toolself when a day ago after installing it worked great, but now when I try to reinstall and reactivate it I get this error:

Is there any solution for this?

(ambi) #114

@DcVertice: Could you state how it doesn’t work and which version precisely? I tested it on 2.79 2017-10-10 99eb13d from blender.org Windows/64-bit. I couldn’t find any difference to previous versions. There are still a couple of existing bugs to iron out, but nothing critical?

@cgxev, @jellbelle: If and when I’m able to restructure the code to facilitate adding those features.

@Keltor: Flip also flips (mirrors) the island instead of just rotating. So if you by rotate 90 degrees it tries 8 different variations instead of just 4.

mmm

I’m using only a gsoc-2017-normal-tools in windows 64 in the work. I thought that problem must be the change in python, but it’s true that in my OSX with master and in normal-tools branch from today it works.

I will test it tomorrow in the work with windows 64 and I will put here the error log that give me when I tried to activate the plugin. Sorry.

This is the error that I receive in the soc-2017-normal-tools branch in windows64

Traceback (most recent call last): File “C:\Users\DcVertice\Desktop\Blender 2.79 20171004\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 331, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users\DcVertice\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\shotpacker_init_.py”, line 36, in <module>
from . import island
File “C:\Users\DcVertice\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\shotpacker\island.py”, line 4, in <module>
import numpy as np
File “C:\Users\DcVertice\Desktop\Blender 2.79 20171004\2.79\python\lib\site-packages
umpy_init_.py”, line 180, in <module>
from . import add_newdocs
File “C:\Users\DcVertice\Desktop\Blender 2.79 20171004\2.79\python\lib\site-packages
umpy\add_newdocs.py”, line 13, in <module>
from numpy.lib import add_newdoc
umpy\lib_init_.py”, line 8, in <module>
from .type_check import *
umpy\lib ype_check.py”, line 11, in <module>
import numpy.core.numeric as nx
File "C:\Users\DcVertice\Desktop\Blender 2.79 20171004\2.79\python\lib\site-packages
umpy\core_init
.py", line 14, in <module>
from . import multiarray
ImportError: cannot import name ‘multiarray’

PD: Tested in a last build of the branch all works good. I don’t know the problem with the other build.

(ambi) #117

@DcVertice: Looks like that particular branch had a corrupt or otherwise malfunctioning numpy library installation. It’s a numeric library that should be default with each Blender installation. If it doesn’t work, exist or there are problems with it, the addon doesn’t function either.

(ambi) #118

@Ruflse: Looks like there’s something wrong with your cProfile library. It might be conflicting Python installation or missing files. Does typing “import cProfile” work in the Python console or does it give an error?

You can just comment out the import cProfile line in the .py file if it’s causing problems (add ‘#’ in front of the line). profile_debug() function can also be safely deleted. It’s there for performance debugging purposes only.

(MACHIN3) #119

By hand, 2-3 hours, I guess.

By shotpacker, 1 minute or so, default settings.

Gonna tweak the settings now to try to get the margins smaller, but IMO this is essentially perfect already. Great work. Terrific value!

(Froyok) #120

@ambi : Does your add-on works in commande line mode ? I could be interested in purchasing it for using it in batch mode on multiple assets.