[UV Packmaster] Efficient UV packing solution for Blender (C++ based, multithreaded)

Thank you for reporting it. Does it happen every time for you or occasionally?

every time, i think…

RELEASE 2.4.5

Improvements for the PRO edition:

• Add support for Lock Groups: lock an arbitrary group of islands so their relative position is maintained during packing (islands don’t have to overlap in any way):

obraz

• Add a new grouping mode: UDIM Tile - islands placed in the same UDIM tile will belong to the same group.
8 Likes

Download the latest version 2.4.5 - the bug should be fixed.

Is it possible to pack in a square without scaling for the entire uv coordinates?

You can try using a square packing box

1 Like

There is no such option currently, but there is a great chance that I will add it in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be convenient if there was a Scale Enable checkbox like the existing Rotation Enable checkbox in Basic Options.

I understand. Note, that there is already the Fixed Scale option available in the packer - it also prevents islands from being scaled, though the packing approach is not packing to the smallest square possible, but filling the packing area from bottom to top. You might find it useful as a workaround for now.

What if you can select then put each islands into four groups, each group pack their relative islands into a compact square, then each square fill a quarter of the UV square? (like the screenshot posted by so3Datel)

You can already do that:

• enable packing box
  • set packing box to [0, 0] x [0.5, 0.5]
  • set packing mode to ‘Groups To Tiles’
  • set ‘Tiles in Row’ to 2
  • assign islands to exactly 4 groups
  • pack

It will work as you requested because when a non-default packing box is set, then the packing box determines the first tile position and dimensions - all other tiles follow the first tile accordingly.

Is it possible to pack each object in a selection into the 0-1 space, instead of all of them together in 0-1? Like when packing a single object.
This:

Instead of this:

Hi @glukoz

I’m facing a litltle issue using the 2.3.5 version with Blender 2.90 Beta. Even if I set rotation step to 90° it looks like that some island don’t respect this constraint. Since I don’t use the latest version yet I wonder if it’s a known issue that has been fixed already or I do something wrong somewhere ?

Edit: I just saw that the screenshot is cropped and just a little part is visible on the right side hope you got it well

You need to check the “Pre-Rotation Disable” option.

Such option is not available but I believe that there is a free add-on that can do such thing. I would check TexTools in the first place.

Thanks for the help and the work on this addon, I had difficulties to understand the documentation on these multiple rotation settings.

Hi! Goooood add-on,save me a lot of time,but i have a problem is unexpected error.

It’s Win 10,blender 2.9.0,I use GTX1080 driver is latest version.

Only this object have the problem,I check the model many times,There is no issue with normal 、vertex overlapping,and i copy only this object to a new blender 2.9.0 file then it’s work! I don’t know why.

I have to place this last part by myself.

If my explanation is not clear enough, or what needs to be provided please tell me, my English is not very good, thank you!

Thank for reporting the issue. Could you send me a blend file containing only those 2 islands to [email protected]? You can scale the entire 3d geometry to a single point, if you cannot share your models.

Hi! I already send the error file to you.If you find out the reason, please tell me thank you!I’m afraid it’s my model making mistake.

RELEASE 2.5.0

This release introduces improvements to the Fixed Scale mode (no scaling is applied to islands). All changes are available to both packer editions: STANDARD and PRO.

A new parameter was added - Fixed Scale Strategy: determines the scheme the packer will use when packing islands without scaling. Available strategies are depicted in the banner below.

What is more the Fixed Scale mode now can be used together with the Heuristic Search feature. When both options are enabled, the packer will iterate to pack islands without scaling to the smallest possible bounding box.

Apart from that this release adds important bug fixes, so upgrading is highly recommended :slight_smile:

10 Likes