UV problems

what did i do wrong?
only one side has an image.
thanks

Attachments

tempbookone sided.blend (562 KB)

i did NOT see step by step how to do the modelling or UV mapping, texturing, and animation.
thanks - one last question see above

BTW the tutorial i mentioned above does NOT use 2 planes!
thanks for all your help

i dont care what that tutorial does, it is literally impossible to display two different images on a single polygon unless you have a costum engine with that feature added. also there is no reason to want to only have a single polygon, why not have two? either its for a game, in which case you already have too many edge loops… or polycount wont matter.

and im not going to answer the question because i answered it in the video, aswell as explaining why you could not see the image on the back side.

thanks for your help

Both Blender render and Cycles can do it in the viewport and render.

with one image on the front and an entirely different image on the back? on a single polygon?

In Cycles that would be the geometry node with backfacing output controlling mix between two images, and the image would be mirrored in regards to orientation on the backfacing side. (But you could also specify an alternate UV mapping with the UV map node if it’s enough of an issue.)

yup. handy for simpler animations when one doesn’t necessarily want the edge to render when it’s sideways

thanks VERY much guys