UV Render Bug in v. 2.32 ?

I think there is a problem with the way version 2.32 is processing UV mapped procedural textures.

I put a page together with examples:

http://www.zaug.netmegs.com/232uvproblem.html

I searched the forums here, on the .org site and Google with no results, but sorry if this has been addressed.

Zaug

Procedural textures don’t have UV coordinates so it’s taking the X-Y-Z cordinates of the procedural texture and mapping it to each set of UV coordinates. The whole procedural texture is mapped to each set of UV coordinates like tiles.

You can force the procedurals to map to the UV’s by mapping an image of the procedural as a UV and then add the same image as an Image texture and map that to UV.

%<

It could very well be a bug, and that’s what the bug tracker at http://www.blender.org is for.

Martin

Fligh %,

I understand that but thank you for the explanation; however, the reason for the post is to point out the ugly horizontal line artifacts that are showing up in 2.32 renders that are not there in previous version’s renders of the same scene. I could understand this sort of artifact occurring if the lines were at the same place as the mesh lines but this looks more like interference from sampling being performed with a non-integer multiplier.

Zaug

Yes, I’ll do it; just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something someone had found a fix for before i filed one.
Should I include a link to the page ? It is no problem keeping it up indefinitely.

Zaug

That’s also what the tracker is for :slight_smile:
You could have checked through the tracker if a similar bug was reported, if not, commit yours. In the case that a fix had already been commited, someone would have simply closed your reported and declaring it fixed.

Should I include a link to the page ? It is no problem keeping it up indefinitely.

Yes, that would be most helpful. A blend file and examples screenshot goes a long way in helping us reproduce the bug to test it and fix it.

Martin