UV Stretching: Angles or Area?

Woah! This site changed a lot! I didn’t even recognize it at first. I wasn’t even sure if I was at the right site until I tried to log in. LOL Since when did it get like this?

Anyway, I have a quick question. I’m currently in the process of unwrapping my mesh, but I’m not sure which one to go by. The angle display doesn’t look so bad, but I’m seeing quite a bit of cyans and greens in the area display… As long as I don’t get anything warmer than green, does it really matter? I tried to search for an answer, but I couldn’t find one…

Oh how I missed this forum. :slight_smile:

EDIT
Oh, never mind. I believe I understand the difference now after throwing a UV grid on it. The area is simply showing the size of a face relative to all others. If I were to resize an island, the uneditted islands will also show a change in color since they are all relatively larger/smaller than the resized one.
Gosh, now I feel as though I should just erase this thread now…

Attachments

HI, please don’t take it down: I am new to blender and seeing your post will help me when I get to that point of my first project, which is modelling a knife which is thrown in a movie i’ve shot. So, thanks for the tips.

Okay, I won’t take it down.:slight_smile:
May your project turn out nicely!