Thanks, I followed that tut but that didn’t solve my problem. Maybe I have to explain the way I work with UV:
- made a head in Wings3D
- Export it as OBJ
- Load the OBJ-file into “UVMapper 0.25e” and make a new cylindrical map (1.024x1.024 pix)
- Save the OBJ again with the UV-cords
- Save the Texture map as BMP (the only choice in UVMapper!)
- Use Gimp to convert the BMP to TGA
- Import OBJ-file in Blender with the “Wavefront OBJ Importer/Exporter” script (V1.2)
If I switch to face-select-mode, I can see all UV-cords perfectly in the UV-Editor (Shift-F10)! I load the texture (TGA) into the UV-Editor and that also matches perfectly with the UV-cords. I asign a new material for the mesh and enable the “TexFace” button. A quick render shows: A nice grey head without my texture…
I also tried to make a new texture for the material and enabled the “UV” button. But still no textures when rendering. Even disabeling the “TexFace” button has no effect. That’s why I was wondering, if there is an option for bumpmapping a UV-texture.
Did I miss something? Someone with experiences with Wings->Blender out there?
P.S.: I didn’t tried to import the mesh directly with VRML because this leaves holes when you have triangular faces (which I have…) and I don’t now how to get the texturemap of the edges as basis for painting my UV-texture with this method.