UV unwrap and materials

I’m a newbie and am working through the Essential Blender book.
I created a basic cube, split the 3D screen to give me a UV Image Editor Window. I then unwrapped the cube into the 6 sides and these appeared in the UV Image window. I then created seven textures in the UV window, 6 different colours and an extra one in black so I could number the sides. These all showed up in the 3D window. I saved the Blender file and saved the texture file and closed down Blender.
When I reload the Blend file the textures are not loaded with the file. If I then load the textures how do I get the 3D screen to appear as it did previously with the different coloured numbered sides and how do you get Blender to save the texture file within the Blend file as keeping a record of which texture file belong to which Blend file could be a bit difficult.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi KenGreen, Your textured cube should still retain its textures if you didn’t move the files from the directory you originally had them. You could try reloading the image. First unwrap the cube again in edit mode. Then In the UV image editor, click image> reload image. For future purposes, to save the textures/images with the file, click file> external data> pack into blend file. Hope thats what you were looking for B-).

Hi KenGreen, Your textured cube should still retain its textures if you didn’t move the files from the directory you originally had them. You could try reloading the image. First unwrap the cube again in edit mode. Then In the UV image editor, click image> reload image. For future purposes, to save the textures/images with the file, click file> external data> pack into blend file. Hope thats what you were looking for B-).

In the UV/Image Editor, when you display a texture, click on Image -> Pack Image (or Pack as PNG) , it will save the displayed texture inside the blend.

Thanks, I saw Pack but thought this was some sort of compression as used with databases.

Ken