V .34, export model with UV to wrl

Warning, exreme noob here.
I created a model, UV maped it.
Exported from blender to wrl.
Exported texture.
Imported wrl into 3d studio max.
Imported texture and assigned to model in 3ds.

3ds tells me that the model is not UVmapped.
Now there are quite a bit of changes made in v .34 regarding UV.
Is there something I need to do on the model and UV before I export it so that the UV will export with mesh data to wrl?

I fugured out the problem.
You have to have a material assigned to the object that the UV has been done on.
Only then will it export with the UV data.
Silly problem I know, but I think that some form of self correcting procedures would be nice in blender.

e.g. If an operation requires a material, and you don’t have one, then display a warning.

Another one that can be handy is to on the close of blender to check if changes has been made and promp the user if he/she wants to save these changes before closing and if yes, then allow them to save it.

Another one that can be handy is to on the close of blender to check if changes has been made and promp the user if he/she wants to save these changes before closing and if yes, then allow them to save it.

I guess, this is up to the plugin developer to add more intelligence. Most of the complex
plugins have docs, that might state the requirements. Keep in mind, this is all non-commercial stuff people do in their sparetime, so supporting docs, intuitive GUI or failure-proof logic is
is not a priority here.