V-Ray/Blender

i will change my magic for some properly set .blend scene:)))) BLAH!:slight_smile: CHANGE YOUR COMPUTER TIME TO OCTOBER 2007!!!

Are there any Magic for Resolution limit? :slight_smile:

good work andrey :yes: that’s awesome
I must give it a try today
is exporter working with 2.46rc1 and it’s glossy reflection/refraction?

Great work Andreymi! I downloaded the demo and it works.
hehehe, but funny fix! I mean changing the date back to 2007. I’m getting a totally white image, but the script is launching the render engine and that’s what matters. Now it’s a matter or learning how to set up things properly. Cool! :smiley:

Hope to see some sample scenes soon and documentation to check the material creation process and the supported lights, etc etc etc.

Regards,
Alvaro

I deceide to give a try to your script but
i got this message windows cannot find " d:program". make sure you type the name correcly…blablabla…
And i cannot fint the doc on how to set the variable on you link?
thanks for your work anyway

ok i found that using short path name correct the trouble, now i got it work. very good work !

with an existing scene i got a [error in file “c:\scene\minivan.vrscene”, line 9: expected a “;” after property definition.]

I export the scen in obj and reimport the objects but still got error( but not the same). im going to delete all objects and try each of them…

Thanks all :slight_smile:
Documentation is in progress… have a little time for it now :frowning:

dagobert
Update the script - I add manual vray binary selection.

psychotron
There are no Python API for this options by now, so glossy reflection is set by G component of Mir color (B component for highlight glossiness) :slight_smile: Glossy refraction is not done yet.

And dont forget - it is not a final release so report bugs :slight_smile:

Andreymi, please share your Cornell box scene so we can check its settings :wink:

regards,
Alvaro

Great work andreymi !!!
I have a problem, my image is completely black…please standard setup ?
Thanks!!

save the secne once before rendering
do not forget to export geometry , before rendering.(all black)
lower light setting (all white)
i check the update andreymi, thanks

Thanks all!

afecelis
Look at the examples section http://blender.lugr.ru/ :slight_smile:
Server problems - they will be available a little later…

thuleke
May be:

1. forget to export geometry
  2. no lights
  3. lights have low intensity (to set it up - select light and go to Phys panel)

OK thank you!!! Vray is Ok now!!!

Ohhhhh! Yeeeeeeeeesssssssss!

andreymi great work.

I’d mentioned using vrscene file on the Sunflow forum a while back, if only someone could have written a python exporter and you were already. :slight_smile:

Finally I have reason to use blender again. I’ve been using Max + VRay and SketchUP + Vray for a while now. Now blender + VRay. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the scenes Andreymi! :wink:

Thule, r u as excited as I am with this? :wink: hehehehe :smiley:

just remember not to betray our beloved yaf(a)ray :smiley:

Edit: It’s working great with your scenes Andreymi. I just wish the demo version would allow higher resolutions than 600x450 :frowning: And that the date trick wouldn’t be required ;).
But this surely means that blender can be integrated with any commercial/non-commercial render engine.
Thanks for your work.

afecelis, …vray is excellent but yaf(a)ray is very good and free
I love the clean render in vray
andreymi, do you have Vray 1.60 standalone for maya ?

andreymi I tried your link but the sub-sites on the http://blender.lugr.ru/ are not working.

That’s all the documentation. Andreymi said he’s just working on it.

Do I need to have installed Maya for this script??

Nope you don’t. Install the demo and when it asks for your maya folder just set the path to a folder you create with that name (maya). I installed it in C:\vray\maya85
What Andreimy’s script requieres is the file “vray.exe”, located in \plugins\bin :wink: