V-TUT ::bake textures for BGE , sweet ....

Hi , after this thread, here goes an 8 minutes 14 megas .7z archive video/audio tutorial that will explain how to bake shadows with textures with them , …

cheers , i hope you all like it

thanks

it depends on baked textures light pallete , like on the right .

DLD HERE
or here

http://www.savefile.com/files/1273551

note :- if the file didn’t work , rename the .rar into .7z ,
i found out that my account doesn’t support .7z only rar … , but winrar will open it anyway , thanks …

3DGURU

Attachments

cool looking tutorial!

I am getting a 404 not found with your link.

cool looking tutorial!

I am getting a 404 not found with your link.

i will ULD to savefile.com :slight_smile: .

added :slight_smile:
does the second link work Mmph! ?

Hello
apparently you’re an “hyperactive” person?! :slight_smile:
Don’t you want to make one with the new “Tangent - From Selected to active”
in the SVN version?
Thank you for the tut.
Bye, of course

Hello
apparently you’re an “hyperactive” person?! :slight_smile:
Don’t you want to make one with the new “Tangent - From Selected to active”
in the SVN version?
Thank you for the tut.
Bye, of course

ok , but that will be made next 2.5 version :slight_smile:
thanks .

Um, doenst this go in resources?

Okay. i cannot figure this out. for example, I have 1 wooden plank. It has 6 sides. Each side has the same part of the texture on it. when I try and Unwrap (smart Projections) it screws up the uv coordinates. How do I stop this from happening?

Edit: Heres my file if you need it.

it screws up the uv coordinates. How do I stop this from happening?

do you mean that you get texture seams ? …

ok step 1
you have to assign a blank texture “512*512” to hold the baked data …
i have seen in your file that you assigned the same texture in the uvw editor …

Attachments

step 2
as you can see , the uvw maps are cutted into pieces … ,
edit :- it will be cut into pieces after you press ok

Attachments

if you get the error (no images found)
try the following , they will treat it
1- press w then then disable the tex then renable it and load the texture again “EDIT : I mean the realtime tex here”
2- try to get out of the uvw map face select mode
3- try to delete the material and ake it again , …
that error is rare , but you may face it , and the 3 points will get the rid out of it
here is the result

Good Luck :slight_smile:

Attachments

one another thing i have noticed , if you want to use this techique , then you must delete the material block after baking it “in case that you have used the blender materials in the game menu”

i know that it’s a maze , but believe me , it’s better <from the performance side >than making two uvws for the same object and assign more than one texture to it to fake texture baking :slight_smile:

if you make it accuratly , then it will be too clean and without any lack of memory like some other methods which still works but eat some memory
my greets .

i have created another baked shadow for an old game that isn’t published anywhere … :smiley:
the shadow is projected against the wall , yay … :slight_smile:

Attachments

It still doesn’t work. Did you rearrange anything in the Materials window? I have a light, but the new texture that I put in the UV window bakes black. What is going on here???
Rips his hair out

EDIT: Fixed (Kinda see post after Larryboy’s)

By the way Larryboy, there is no link. Are you referring to the one I just posted on?

Here’s a good thread that dealt with the texture baking grief

I did the same with a ball. I put a granite texture on it and did what you told me to. You see my baked picture on it with the original picture. Compare the baked one with the original by going to UV Face Select > U > Reset, then apply the granite texture onto it. Whats going wrong and do you know how to fix it.

By the way Larryboy, there is no link. Are you referring to the one I just posted on?

EDIT: SOLVED ALL THE WAY! Thanks a ton LarryBoy. I looked at your user profile and it said that you were at a certain thread. I went there and whalaa!

Allow me to copy what LarryBoy said on the thread:

1. Create a new UV (image new) and that will be your first and the one which will become the bake. (in the UV/Image Editor window)
  2. click the ‘new’ button by UV Texture in ‘Mesh’ and I would rename it ‘UV2’ - this creates a second UV which will be the one you bake from.
  3. Load your image into the UV/Image editor and unwrap as you wish.
  4. Assuming you have a material, go to textures and create a texture in the second slot, choose image and select your image from the drop down list by Load.
  5. back in materials, make sure you have the second texture slot selected. in Map input select ‘UV’ and enter UV2 in the ‘UV:’ text box.
    5 go back to Editing (F9) and select the + by the first UV - ‘UVTex’. In the UV/Image editor make sure the black new image is in place. in the UV Face Select window do unwrap smart projections.
    6 back in mesh in Editting reselect the second UV - UV2 and select the button next to the + as well
    7 in the UV Face select window do Alt Cntrl B and choose full render.

You can find the original thread here.

interesting , thanks guys :slight_smile:
and sorry for not posting in the right forum :o .

Hey. I tried it on something else. I love the results.

Attachments

looks interesting… downloading now.

What hotkey did you press at 0:25 to get the window with the opinions:

Full Render
Ambient Occlusion
Normals
Texture Only

Edit: Wait I figered it out. And they work too. =)