[v1.1.1] Archimesh: Architecture elements (rooms, doors, columns, stairs, tile roofs)

to down load click on view row in this page

https://github.com/Antonioya/blender/blob/master/archimesh/archimesh_0_1.zip

to install open blender and File/user preferences/addons/install from file
and select the zip file.
enjoy

The zip file keeps saying its invalid. Any ideas?

I did not use the zipped file. I extracted it to my addons and it worked. Try that maybe.

Thanks,i finally managed to install it,after gathering all the different files into a new zip file with the same original name.

looks very very usefull,

thanks for sharing

Just about anything that any Addon can do, you can do in Blender manually, but the point of such Addons is that they often save people time with a parameterized method of working, or simply offers them a simpler way of thinking about construction, allowing one to quickly and precisely tweak a parametrized structure with adjustable value inputs, all in one effort.

You could model all this by hand along with Modifiers and other Addons, but why go through that when you could just use one Addon instead, if you can? Of course, sometimes youā€™ll need manual construction to do what a parametrized option doesnā€™t yet allow or doesnā€™t handle well enough, so thereā€™s always going to be a need (and desire) for both methods.

Yes, there are different construction details among different countries, but this Addon doesnā€™t claim to be a one-all solution towards all construction needs. Though, the tool does seem to be in development, so maybe itā€™ll grow closer towards varied needs. Anyways, either one find this Addon useful for their own needs or they can just stick to doing a custom build themselves to fit their needs.

Any parametrized Addon is often a much-desired aid. It can be an aid in the form of a faster convenient way to do what you can already do with manual effort, it can offer new functionality based on existing Blender functions, or it can be just as simple as giving you an easier mindset towards the workā€“all of which are welcomed. But the wonderful thing is that theyā€™re completely optional. Its need is going to be relative to the user.

I particularly find this Addon to be useful because it allows me to think with an input-value way of constructing in mind rather than hand-modeling the construction and combining a series of Modifiers and Addons to my aid. Iā€™d rather be as hands-off with creating the base construction of buildings as much as possible. This Addon alone isnā€™t going to do all of my work for me, or be fit for every job I may have, but that doesnā€™t mean I still canā€™t find it useful to have around.

I have uploaded again the zip file in GITHUB.

Be sure to use the RAW button to download from GIT. If you save directly with right mouse button, the file will be corrupted.

I hope this solve your problems

@afranx: i have clicked on the raw-button for the download = everythingā€™s fine

edit: too slow :wink:

Great addon! Iā€™ll be playing with this, thanks Antonioya

Great work here, reminds me of what 3ds Max has.

For some reason my roof and floor and sideboards are all offset to the walls though :frowning:

And Iā€™m gathering the doors and windows canā€™t auto create holes yet, is that a work in progress?

Thanks you for sharing, i love it :slight_smile:

what is your aim?
Is it virtual building with information gathering? If it is, so will be ability to make tables for libreoffice?
will it be compatible with archicad? I mean export/import parameters.

Hi,

Congratulations. Itā€™s very useful.
For now, I just encountered a problem when I select the 3rd doors model :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/name/.config/blender/2.68/scripts/addons/archimesh/__init__.py", line 412, in execute
    door_maker.create_mesh(self,context)
  File "/home/name/.config/blender/2.68/scripts/addons/archimesh/door_maker.py", line 46, in create_mesh
    make_one_door(self,context, myFrame, self.frame_width, self.openside)
  File "/home/name/.config/blender/2.68/scripts/addons/archimesh/door_maker.py", line 74, in make_one_door
    myDoor = create_door_mesh(self, context, myFrame, width, openside)
  File "/home/name/.config/blender/2.68/scripts/addons/archimesh/door_maker.py", line 181, in create_door_mesh
    myData = door_model_03(self.frame_size,width,self.frame_height,self.frame_thick,openside)
  File "/home/name/.config/blender/2.68/scripts/addons/archimesh/door_maker.py", line 512, in door_model_03
    if(self.openside == "1"):
NameError: global name 'self' is not defined

Linux Mint 15 64bits, Blender 2.68a official

Good job :eyebrowlift:

The stairsā€¦ is it producing maximum 20 steps only? If it is so it would be good to make it able to produce infinite number of stairs (theoretically, of course : - )ā€¦ such an ability would make the tool not only very useful in modelling practical architectural content but fantasy content too. Imagine that you need a stair that is leading to a very high placeā€¦ it would be good to have the way to produce it, in a so easy way as the one this so nice add-on offersā€¦

Hey antonoya

I downloaded and installed without any problem, but when I try to create a room no options appears in the tools barā€¦
any idea why.
I tried it in blender 2.68 and 2.69 RC3.

Hi,

Congratulations. Itā€™s very useful.
For now, I just encountered a problem when I select the 3rd doors model :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/name/.config/blender/2.68/scripts/addons/archimesh/__init__.py", line 412, in execute
    door_maker.create_mesh(self,context)
  File "/home/name/.config/blender/2.68/scripts/addons/archimesh/door_maker.py", line 46, in create_mesh
    make_one_door(self,context, myFrame, self.frame_width, self.openside)
  File "/home/name/.config/blender/2.68/scripts/addons/archimesh/door_maker.py", line 74, in make_one_door
    myDoor = create_door_mesh(self, context, myFrame, width, openside)
  File "/home/name/.config/blender/2.68/scripts/addons/archimesh/door_maker.py", line 181, in create_door_mesh
    myData = door_model_03(self.frame_size,width,self.frame_height,self.frame_thick,openside)
  File "/home/name/.config/blender/2.68/scripts/addons/archimesh/door_maker.py", line 512, in door_model_03
    if(self.openside == "1"):
NameError: global name 'self' is not defined

Linux Mint 15 64bits, Blender 2.68a official

Good job :eyebrowlift:

Awesome work.
I still dream of the day when we have possibility to make ā€œcustom object typesā€ Like a wall or a window export into ifc file, but it is very nice to see how much better the architecture tools keep improving. Thumps Up!

Awesome! Congratulations!!! Thankā€™s!!!

oops It was just the ā€œoption pannelā€ that was masked!
now it works really well.

I will change to a bigger number for next version, really there is no reason to limit the number.