V1.6: MeasureIt - measurement tools

add-ons

(Darknoodles) #121

Awesooooome :d

(Pseudo Fliir) #122

First to say: What a great addon!!!
For me the most needful addon in ages!
A big, massive “Thank You” for this!

But I have a problem. Since Version 1.5 every new Version didn´t work. 1.41 worked perfect, but in the new versions there are features I need (so badly, that i can´t live without them any longer). I thought, maybe version 1.41 was not removed completely or something like this. I removed the complete Addon from my Blenderversion and I even tried it with two other versions of Blender, that never had MeasureIt installed, but without any success.
(I work with Blender 2.74 and 2.75)

Whenever I want to activate MeasureIt I get this error-report:

(Fliir) #123

First to say: What a great addon!!!
For me the most needful addon in ages!
A big, massive “Thank You” for this!

But I have a problem. Since Version 1.5 every new Version didn´t work. 1.41 worked perfect, but in the new versions there are features I need (so badly, that i can´t live without them any longer). I thought, maybe version 1.41 was not removed completely or something like this. I removed the complete Addon from my Blenderversion and I even tried it with two other versions of Blender, that never had MeasureIt installed, but without any success.
(I work with Blender 2.74 and 2.75)

Whenever I want to activate MeasureIt I get this error-report:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396982[/ATTACH]

(Antonioya) #124

I think the problem is that you installed the addon in a folder named “measureit161”. Install the add-on in a folder named “measureit” and will work.

(Spirou4D) #125

Thanks Antonioya, I go to download it …
Congrats for your so generous job. Your add-on must be in trunk!
Bye bye

(Fliir) #126

Thanks for your help. Now MeasureIt works fine!

Is there a possibility to get a bigger distance of the measure-lines from the measured object?
At the moment, 5 units seem to be the biggest distance, but I often work with Objects, that are many hundreds or even thousands of blender-units big.

(Antonioya) #127

5 units? why? there is no limitation. (Note: be sure you download the last version because it was a bug in some situations when it was out of the camera view)

(Fliir) #128

Thanks for your fast reply. And now I´ve needed over a month for a reaction, sorry!

I made sure to have the latest version. But I still have that problem. I can´t insert a value over 5 into the “default distance to display measure”-field.

(Antonioya) #129

I think your are talking about number of decimals (maximum 5). You cannot enter distance, the distance is calculated base on the vertex or objects distance.

(Fliir) #130

Again, thanks for your fast reply! Perfect support! :slight_smile:

But I am not sure, if we are thinking about the same thing.
I model many things for 3D-printing. And whatever I export as STL or OBJ, every App for 3D printing I use, they all understand 1 Blender unit as 1mm. So, many of my projects are several 100 Blender units in size, because I print also really big things. But the measurement-lines of your addon are displayed with a maximum distance of 5 Blender Units to the mesh. So if I use MeasureIt for those big objects, the measurement-lines are to close to the objects.
I uploaded a Screenshot with a Cube with the dimensions of 500 blender units. As you can see, the measurement-line is to close to it.

Attachments

(Antonioya) #131

I have put a new version v1_6_2 that allows a bigger number. This will solve your problem. Download the new version from Github.

(Fliir) #132

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I needed. Works fine!

(Antonioya) #133

Great that this solves your problems :eyebrowlift:

(MatsuikoHiroka) #134

hi again

a proposal idea ui update like these in screenshot
i find the right pane is mostly for viewing and a checkbox style

ex. Grease pencil has check box where you can toggle on / off
and also background images

chromoly also a plugin has check box style
it adds measuring on a grid

i often combine measureit and chromoly which makes measuring more powerful and precise
maybe you can make also your plugin check box style and some options to choose like units and arrow style etc

so they will be consistent design or layout

i notice also chromoly has these kind of layout where it reduces some ui’s menu where where only color and font size can be tweak in preference add-ons which makes it more simple and clean

here’s the plugin if you want to check it how layout is made
https://github.com/chromoly/regionruler

please do not bother my proposal if it will take too much work i want just to suggest i really like your plugin and use it a lot

thank you very much

(STart) #135

hello your addon is verry useful, one question, coud it be done that freestyle svg exporter could export your measures in svg file too?

(Antonioya) #136

New version v1.6.3

I have updated the Tools panel to reduce scrolling. Now you can collapse sections of the panel.

You can download in Github: https://github.com/Antonioya/blender/tree/master/measureit

(ubi_laptop) #137

hi, sorry i do not find the button to delete all object measures.
can you suggest it to me ?
thank you in advance.

(ubi_laptop) #138

found: N (properties panel) and scroll until the very bottom of the listing of all measures …

(fabbyone) #139

Hello, I have Linux Ubuntu, this is what happens when I try to enable your addon, what’s up?

(VANDERHORST) #140

Hi

thanks for your very nice addon. At the moment I struggle with the right 3D View Zomm factor, because there is no Information in blender about the zoom factor depending on the render resolution factor (in percent).
The problem is , if i tweak the the number positions i need the right render resolution factor in the 3D view otherwise its alltime a guess.

I really hope someone can help me here out.