VA Matters

In terms of a Blender-made animation, would you have to download a voice-over and put it in an animation to sync a character’s lips with said voice-over, or does it not work like that?

I’ve recently felt like getting that off my chest, mind you.
Not that I know how it’d work, though…

Usually voices are recorded and animation is made on top, including lipsync. Was that your question ?

…So using files of voicelines (i.e. MP3, WAV, etc.) doesn’t work for a Blender animation?

I’m not sure what you mean by “work” or “doesn’t work”… there’s nothing special about animation and voice tracks that would make those impossible to use together. It’s just that using pre-recorded tracks will only get you that far, if you want something of your own you’ll have to record it, that’s it.

I was asking whether MP3/WAV/etc. tracks of voice lines could be implemented into a Blender animation.
That’s what I mean here.

Absolutely, you can drop any sound file onto the VSE timeline and use it to sync up your animation ! I wasn’t sure whether the question was about methodology or technicality.

1 Like

It was mainly about methodology.
Mind you, I’m not a good modeler, and my laptop can barely handle Blender. It can handle simple shapes, but not a big ocean mesh.

Thanks for the answer, though. :slight_smile:

I see. What you have to do is open a VSE editor somewhere in your interface, and add (shift+A) a sound strip. Then you can go in the timeline “playback” popover and check “audio scrubbing” to make the work easier.

1 Like

Personally I would import an audio only to work the animation, then I would export only video and recompose the strips back to another session that is fully dedicated to film editing.

Is mostly an approach of breaking the workflow into more relative sections.