Valerie - Cycles

Hello! It has been tough to finish this one, I was trying to push myself further with the little time I had to work on this, I finally finished it, after giving up on this way too many times, I managed to come back and finish it, pretty well in my humble opinion :smiley: o/
At first I went for real time, because it’s faster and all that but I feel like I did such a good job on the texturing that I wanted to showcase it to the best of my habilities and decided to go with Cycles for this. Almost everything done in blender, from sculpt to retopo, rigging and render. Textures done in Substance Painter, composition in Photoshop.
Take a look at the finale images, along with some wips and also the first real time version, hope you enjoy it, it has been a real journey haha! Time to start the next one! :slight_smile:

51 Likes

Very nice work… congrats on seeing it through!

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad you liked it

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

That’s awesome bart! Thank you so much! :smile:

1 Like

really nice ! but she’s missing eyebrowns and lashes !!!

2 Likes

It’s not very noticeable but, if you look at the third image, that is a screenshot from the final version, you can see the eye lashes, the eyebrows it’s another story, it is painted underneath the blue painting, anyway I did paint it before throw in the blue textures, but you can’t see it very clearly, just some parts of the normal map with the slightly hair bumps haha I’m glad you liked it! :slight_smile:

Great work, congrats.

1 Like

I love this way of breaking the ‘sexy warrior’ stereotype. Those dead grey eyes are an excellent choice. It’s a beautiful image, although she’s certainly not somebody I’d like to meet on the street.

Still I feel rather uncomfortable about the axe. If that’s wood it holds on, I would certainly be afraid to wave it around, let alone hit something. The loose rope doesn’t make this feeling any better. That blade must weigh more than a watermelon.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that, thank you so much my friend! Have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely work!

I would lighten the eyes and lower bump on the face. The pores are super strong in her face

So this render will work in EEVEE?

1 Like

Thanks for the comment! It works fine in eevee, but doesn’t look so polished since I made it with Cycles in mind, the real time renderer I used at first was Marmoset toolbag 3.