I finally had a spare hour and a working laptop, so I fixed some of the most glaring things people have pointed out. Worked on the eyes, forehead, lips. Jessethemid, I tried switching mirror and subsurface in the stack, but it didn’t seem to matter which was on top. Wim, I’d been following your work in Focused Critique, but I had no idea how much work you’d already done in WIP. Wow. Now I’m even more impressed. Anyway, here’s the update:
I found a site called Marquardt Beauty Analysis while browsing another thread, and they claim to have analyzed beauty, based on the old greek “golden mean.” I’ve compared my model’s landmarks with their “mask” and found I still have some proportion problems I need to fix, mostly around the mouth. I suspect I’m going to be working on improving the face for the next couple weeks, while my math institute is in session, it’s 6 units of upper division and graduate credits crammed into three weeks, so the workload is rather intense. I really want a couple dozen quality hours to work on the body when I get started, and it looks like all I’ll be able to manage is bits and pieces here and there, at least until the 29th. Just in time for the Summer of Documentation to wrap up and all the new tutorials hitting the web…sigh. I’ll never catch up.