Vector Blur and Motion blur problem in 2.5

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble getting either Vector Blur or Motion blur to work in my render.

Windows XP Blender 2.5 29332.

I have an item that is rotating - I can verify by pressing ALT-A to see that it does in fact rotate, but when I render a frame it doesn’t have any blur.

I have tried with vector blur and nothing, even though I definitely have Use nodes for composite nodes selected, and Composite selected in the render settings. I have vector enabled as a pass and then connected the speed nodule to the vector blur node.

Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong/missing?

I also loaded up one of the sample files from the Blender site (the one with the hand that is blurred by movement) and it renders with Vector blur just fine. The only difference I can think of is that mine is movement by rotation and the hand is movement by translation.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

I also tried full sample motion blur and got nothing out of that either, and I didn’t think you could get that wrong because there are so few settings to mess up!

False alarm…

Sorry, fixed it myself. The speed of the rotation wasn’t enough to generate visible blur.

I increased the rotation speed using the IPO and its all good now :o