Vector Trails?

Hello,
I’m trying to create an animation of an object that follows a path and while following that path leaves a visible trail of each frame. I would like the trail to remain throughout the entire animation and not fade. I’ve been able to achieve this effect by taking all the stills, compositing them in FCP and offsetting each image by one frame. Looks good, but it is ridiculously inefficient and I can’t move the camera. I’m thinking there has to be a better way to achieve this effect that would also allow me to move the camera. Through my searching I have found one person talking about vector trails, but I’m not sure if that will do the trick or even how to try it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks. I’m experimenting with that method this weekend and it seems to work well for my needs. The only thing I’m not able to achieve using the array method is a certain effect I have envisioned. I have a cube which is open on the ends. As it travels along the curve I have it grow and shrink, kind of pulsate with the music. With the array method the whole form pulsates. What I want to happen is for the moment in time that the cube pulsates to be captured in the form. Like a ghost of each frame. I know there has to be an easy way to do this. Regardless, it was good to learn how to use arrays.