Venting needed

Yes. I believe all censorship is bad

Well the impression I’m getting from is one that appears to be a statement saying even a very minor form of censorship is bad, even if temporary. To me that almost goes beyond black & white to NaN’s and Inf’s.

Now I’ve heard in numerous places before including on this forum that black & white thinking should be discouraged in favor of a form where there’s shades of grey, yet it should be encouraged if censorship is involved even in a very remote way?

We are still talking about in in regard to children, we have laws prohibiting freedom of speach in areas of religious and political extremism in Sweden which I support fully, so it’s not that kind of censorship I am talking about. But as an example, in Swedish TV you are allowed to say the F- and C-words a.s.o. even at daytime. Nudity is also allowed as well as sexual acts. So that kind of censorship I am fully against.

And saying that is black and white thinking as it’s bad is a ridiculous notion. Ignorance is always bad. Even the foulest language doesn’t actually hurt anyone. Sex is totally natural - even between people of the same sex. In some things there are only black and white, everything else is ignorance & bigotry… :wink:

And we’re extremely off topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

You will never be able to convince an American of this. We run through the street naked and bash our fists into the ground if we see nipples on television. We just can’t handle nudity or beer that has flavor or remakes of movies that butchered the Philip K. Dick source material.

Farmfield: Well I’m sure all of the people who contribute to the large amount of highly intellectual commentary on YouTube would happily agree with you.

Now I’m not going to censor the fact that I once had a growing sexual attraction toward girls my age in 6th and 7th grade (to the point of actually describing a sex act in the middle of Social Studies class), but the only thing that kind of exposure and ‘knowledge’ did was get me in trouble in school on allegations by various classmates concerning sexual harassment, so now I keep a much better distance from that kind of thinking towards women and my life in that sense has turned out for the better.

Anyway, you or I can continue storing up our cans of worms and try to make sure they don’t pop open, but the suggested tangents from your comment is by no means the subject of this thread. I could for example also try to make a point on the concept of mental injury as well but that’s not for this thread either as this concerns frustration over the direction of Hollywood and their ideas.

Hollywood has no ideas, only greed and a powerful need for more cocaine.

Is this really for all the movies, because I thought the Three Stooges remake was funny and faithful to the original series.
Same with the Pink Panther and Johnny English movies, it seemed like they just had too much humor to be simple cash-grabs.

Yet that’s just the comedies, there are other high budget movies that have been praised by both reviewers and viewers, let’s also not forget that the studios that make these movies possible also help drive innovation in the CG market through the creation of tools to create environments and effects that either wouldn’t be possible or rather difficult without.

I might watch this when it comes out on netflix,
the only reason i’m slightly interested in seeing it is because Jessica Biel has a nice a*s,
other and that i dont care about it, like 99.9% of all other Hollywood trash.