Verfluchtes "Englisches Wetter"!!!

My newest render. Pair of german night fighters Ta 154 Moskito, starting for intercept british bombers, attacking near town. Rendered, as always in Kerkythea. Postprocessed in PS.

Very nice, Marek. Hope you don’t mind if I use this as my wallpaper, I like it a lot.

love it!
like the way youv added a story to a picture this always stands it out.

100 stars :slight_smile:

absolutely love the rain -> how’s it done?

very nice mood and movement and compositing and… nice job :slight_smile:

Voted 5 :cool:

awesome wosome

Great five stars render. But I thought that moskito was a famous british airplane. But who cares, Excellent work here!

TA-154 Moskito
De Havilland Mosquito.

Both WWII attack aircraft, remarkably similar in appearance, but for different sides. Also, for comparison, my favorite Mosquito in aviation, the DG 303.

Hmm. Looks okay, but could use some work. For one thing, the planes look very simply lit, and very CG plastic-like. The backdrop is also overly simple, leaving a lot of negative space. I think you may be using the motion blur to disguise your underworked backdrop. The modeling looks good, but the texturing looks subpar. As far as I can tell, in the low lighting of your render, there is oly one color texture, composed of solid colors.
Anyway, nice work, but you need to work on the lighting here, for one thing, and give normal mapping a try on the planes.

Looks pixelated, messy and i just dont get whats so great about this…

@bl33d - No need to be rude, its true that it is pixelated, but its still pretty nice :slight_smile:

Nice work.

holy shit!
I love the background!!
(nice models too xD )

Mrys you always inspire me to do better! I really enjoy your work! I’ve worked with your tutorials and have learned a lot from them. It would be great if you could do some more. I know it takes a lot of time but you are awesome at 3d work.

Thanks again for what you do!
jjyoder

I would like a tutorial for the rain it’s really nice :smiley: Please :slight_smile:

I’m thinking the rain is just a pattern of dots with radial blur applied. It would probably take a minute or so.

Hmm. Looks okay, but could use some work. For one thing, the planes look very simply lit, and very CG plastic-like. The backdrop is also overly simple, leaving a lot of negative space. I think you may be using the motion blur to disguise your underworked backdrop. The modeling looks good, but the texturing looks subpar. As far as I can tell, in the low lighting of your render, there is oly one color texture, composed of solid colors.
Anyway, nice work, but you need to work on the lighting here, for one thing, and give normal mapping a try on the planes.

Your coming at it with a very technical perspective. This is honestly the first render that has caught my eye. Why? Because the composition and simple lighting of the piece manage to catch the drama of the moment. Forgive me if I tell you that your being overly critical.

peace,
-nick

Congrats on making it to the banner!Nice job!(I am also interested in the making of the rain,would be really grateful for a tutorial!)

quoted for agreement. There is good composition and nice storyline in the piece. Compositionally speaking there is nothing wrong with negative space dominating a piece of work. The only ‘rule’ is that either negative or postive space dominates the work and you avoid a 50/50 split of the two. One aspect must dominate.

YOU. ARE. MY. IDOL.

I personally think that this render looks good. It’s not trying to be photo-realisitic, it’s trying to be artistic.

Good job on making the banner. One day, i hope, i may be honored and have something of mine placing in the banner. I think the image almost looks like it’s designed for the banner. Hmmm…

Stuff the plane, next time, would you screencapture how you make one of these things? The modeling is amazing!

Straight to desktop backgrounds folder.

Wow! Thanks a lot for your great response! Positive and also negative!

So. Yes, lightning is not perfect here. I’am not 100% happy with it. Also If I would work on this image now I would change few things.

But I’am especially happy because of this comment:

Why? cause it is exactly what I want to get in result. I was trying to catch the feel of old boxes covers of plastic model kits from eighties or seventhies (Airfix, Hasegawa etc). I tried to run away from “CG” perfect look. I wanted to tell a story, not only show image. And I’am very happy, that many peoples like this style and accept my image.

For few asking for a rain: nothing special: it is Photoshoped noise with some work and zoom blur (also few layers with radial here and there). Layers are pasted before and after planes.

For all that need some additionaly explanation to the title: During WW II british bombers attacking germans cities only at night (Americans at daylight). So “Damn British weather” is not only the rain :slight_smile:

Once again thanks for response and for banner! Great honour for me!

For all who wanted to wip of model see here:Ta 154 model workup

And ready model in studio: Ta 154 in studio