Verse Blender?

I remember when this was first announced it seemed pretty exciting; the ability to have multiple users work on a single project.

Why then is it not already in Blender? Did it not have enough support?

Will it eventually get integrated?

Just curious, I thought it was kind of odd that such an interesting project has remained something of a hidden feature, but maybe there wasn’t enough demand for it?

Is it still too experimental I guess?

I remember Nathan talking about it in a interview on blendernation filmed somewhere I don’t recall. I think the main focus is blender2.5 and durian. Somewhere in the future the multiplayer(as I want to call it :wink: might be worked on.

I agree it would be sweet though ;D especially if you can see the others interaction in realtime, not small updates in intervals.

Thanks, I’ll check that out.

I agree it would be sweet though ;D especially if you can see the others interaction in realtime, not small updates in intervals.

Yes, that would be epic!!!:smiley:

I think it’s just a matter of time, let the 2.5 be truly done, then that’s the next big thing. Since the best thing with blender besides it’s free as in beer. is the community.

Image the possibilites to help and teach each other if we could connect to the same .blend file and work. text thing after that is a skype/irc client built in ;D

i read it some where that they removed the small implementation that was there until they do the api-fication of blender so it could be implemented easily and properly
it would be a mater of mapping the api of blender to verse .
sorry i don’t recall the programing terms they used :slight_smile:

Yeah, that would make sense.

2.5 FTW!!!:smiley:

Verse was dropped becaue it was way too unstable and really only 1 man had enough time to work on it, since then it has been forked and is being made alot better and faster, ask jiri for more details