Version backup failed message and Cycles losing image textures

Hi,

I have two issues that are annoying me with Blender at the moment!

First of all, I keep getting ‘Version backup failed (file saved with @)’ errors. There doesn’t appear to be any pattern to what causes this but it doesn’t save my scene. It works fine if I save it with a different filename but that appears to cause problem 2:

Cycles keeps losing its image textures. When I render (either within the viewport or as a full render), all the image textures have gone bright pink and I have to go back into the file browser and reopen each image - a right pain when I have a large scene. From what I can tell, it’s this thing about saving the .Blend with a different filename that causes that. Is there anything else I can do or is the only way of preventing this from happening to resolve the ‘Version backup failed’ error above?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Are you saving to your Google Drive? That happens to me because Drive seems to lock the blend as it is uploading it. If I wait a few minutes it lets me save it.

No, it’s just on my C drive. That said, I have some cloud backup software (Livedrive) running all the time so maybe that is what is locking up the file and causing that error.