Hi, I have painted a cube using vertex paint. I’m trying to “Bake” the vertex to a texture map. In “Blender Render” Mode under “Bake” I can select "vertex color, but in “Cycles Render” Mode under “Bake” there is no “vertex color” option. So I guess it’s only possible to bake a vertex color in “Blender Render” Mode?
Problem: In Blender Render Mode when I Select the “Bake” button I get the following message!
“No Objects or Images Found to Bake to!”
Here are my steps. Please tell me where I’m going wrong.
- In Blender Render Mode I Paint cube with vertex paint
- In “edit” mode I unwrap the cube. Tutorial says I don’t need to save the UV map.
- In the (UV editor) tutorial says to select “New” Button to create a new UV Map.
- Then tutorial says to go to the (Render Icon > Bake) and select "Vertex Paint from the Bake Options.
- I then Press “Bake”
- I get the Message: “No Objects or Images Found to Bake to!”
If someone knows why I am getting this message and how to fix it I would appreciate it. Thks.