Vertex Color Painting Not Working

This is my first time working with Vertex Colors in Blender. I believe I understand what they are. However, I cannot get them to work. As I was working on this project vertex colors worked fine, occasionally showing up black but nothing a ctrl-z couldn’t fix. Now I’m stuck and can’t get them back.
Yay attachments finally work; I have attached a blend file with part of the model with some sample paint on it. Try toggling the vcol paint button under materials and see if you can figure it out.
Please help!
Thanks,

Attachments

vcols.blend (132 KB)

I dl’d your file - you haven’t adjusted your pain tool to do anything from default then, right? because as I paint, the vertcol turns whiter but the mesh stays dark. I tried flipping normals, recalc normals, and stil the same. I don’t know what is going on either.

I did adjust it, it’s just that the last color I painted was white. You can see that I already painted different color on it right? I left some orange, purple, and white on it at least.
Thanks for trying anway!

You don’t have the rendering button selected on your vertex color layer. Go to the edit panel (F9) and click the render button on the Col layer that appears under the Mesh tab.

Excellent, thank you very much.