Vertex Key issue

Hi,

I try to animate the deformation of a sphere.

I add mesh keys as it is discribed in the book. I can see the new chanels created on the right border of my IPO window.

But there is no chanel called SPEED that could alow me to manipulate the transition between key chanels…

I just can make a nice colection of chanels but cannot animate the transitions !!

I certainly did something wrong, but I followed step by step the help content (either on the book and online) and I cannot see where I missed something.

Anyone with a clew of what I did wrong is welcome ! LOL

I just can make a nice colection of chanels but cannot animate the transitions !!

In the action window with your object selected, you will see a little drop-down like button that says “sliders”. If you click that (click the triangle) you will see sliders for each of the shape keys you’ve created. The sliders allow you to key the degree of deformation. If you just click on and off a slider, you will put a key (with the deformation at zero) at the current time point. Go to another time point and slide the slider to one (for example) and you will have a second key. The deformation will go from zero to one between these two keys. Any time you cliick on and adjust a slider, the value will be keyed at the time point you’re at.

thank you so much !

It is so different from what is described in the help content !

Thanks again