"Vertex Splitting"

HI there, I’m a 3D modeler for a videogame and am using Blender for its ease of use and great workflow. I’m currently modeling a female human character, I have made a mistake somewhere along the way and accidentally joined two vertices of the inner thighs. I have searched and searched for something along the lines of “Vertex Splitting” but can only find edge splitting, which to be honest doesn’t really help. Is there any way to solve this issue? I can provide an explanatory screenshot here: http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/spikae/problem.jpg

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

If you still have the mirror modifier not applied in the modifier stack turn off the “Do Clipping” option … if the mirror modifier has been applied select the merged vertex and use the V hotkey to separate into 2 .

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

I’m afraid that the mirror modifier wasn’t applied, I should explain, I’m at the editing stage of this model, just small tweaks here and there, it was imported from the animation program in .obj format. I had to replace the knee joints because what we had before wasn’t animating properly. So I just impoted into Blender, replaced the knees, and during this process I accidentally attached the thighs. The model is “As you see it”. Just wondering if there is a way to split this vertex to allow the thighs to become separate again.

Thanks.

if the mirror modifier has been applied select the merged vertex and use the V hotkey to separate into 2 .

Select the vertex and hit V and move your cursor, that should give you the result you want .

Yes, I tried that. It says that there is no proper selection or faces included… Also, the mirror modifier was not applied.

well if v does not work

then just W some of the edge around nd re work the mesh to get wht you need

or may be use the knife tool if it works on your OS

good luck

I think that might be the only option. Ididn’t want to do that as I’ve already UV’d it and this would mean doingit over. Thanks for your help everyone.

i think that’s one of the limitation
UV should always be the last thing done cause it’s final mapping

no more change after to the mesh or you have to redo it !

but it’s modelling what can i say

have fun

happy blendering