Vertices need more flages

Probebly the wrong place to sugest this; but I am hopeing a developer will chance through and read this.

3 flages need to be attachted to each vertice in blender. Call them anchor x, y, z. The reason is simple. there are times when modeling that you do not want a vertice to move in one or more directions. And if you could set a flag to stop them it would be helpful in modeling.

Take for example when using alt d to make a mirrored model. after you get the two to match if you could set a flage to anchor the verts in the x direction then it would not matter if you scaled, smothed ect the verts would not move in the x direction and make holes. There must be a dozen other times I have wished that I could lock a vert from traveling along one or more axis.

Also it would be nice if the smoth routine at least took a look at the non selected verts conected to them when moving during a smooth operation.

3 more bits of storage for each vert! I don’t think this is going to happen.

Take for example when using alt d to make a mirrored model. after you get the two to match if you could set a flage to anchor the verts in the x direction then it would not matter if you scaled, smothed ect the verts would not move in the x direction and make holes.

That is the old way to make a mirrored model. Use the mirror modifier and press the “do clipping” button. This prevents the verts along the mirrored plane from moving off of the mirror axis – no more holes :smiley:

GreyBeard

Yuo can also use G (or S or R) and Shft-X (or Y or Z) to eliminate the Shft Axis from the translation.

%<

Thanks, Greybeard. Your tip has made life a lot easier.

I am sure your tip will come in handy too Fligh %.

I really appreciate it. like I said made it a lot easier.