Vertices Protrusion on Bone Movement in Animation Mode

I downloaded a mesh w/ bones from the internet, but I have run into a problem when rotating bones in pose mode. It seems, when I rotate the arm bones, 2 vertices/arm are “left behind”, creating a thin protrusion. The image below demonstrates this. My question is, what would normally cause this? Is there any way I could fix the issue(I would appreciate step-based responses, as I have relatively little blender experience). I understand that there may be multiple reasons for this, and as thus will try to implement solutions ASAP/answer questions regarding the model state. Thank you!

Some verts aren’t weighted, or aren’t weighted properly.

1. Pose your model so that you see the bad verts.
  2. Enter weight paint mode. Enter vertex mode of weight paint mode (probably ‘v’, but interfaces vary.) Select a bad vert.
  3. Tab into edit mode. Shift select (add to selection) a vert right next to the bad vert-- a vert that’s good.
  4. Open a sidebar (probably ‘n’) and look on item/vertex groups. You should see a list of weights for your active selection, the good vert. Hit the “copy” button right beneath the weights and it will copy the weights from your actively selected vert to all verts (thus, from your good vert to your bad vert.)
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 for all bad verts.

You don’t necessarily need to tab into edit mode to add selection or copy weights. I just said to do that because it’s much easier to see what verts are adjoining in edit mode than in weight paint mode.

1 Like