Vespa 400

Hello everyone
The scene evolved while I was dealing with geometry node and texture paint in my spare time. I was originally thinking of modeling a vespa scooter. I saw this car while looking for references, and it changed my mind. I hope you liked it.

96 Likes

Lovely scene (although the cromatic abberation and lens distortion kinda hurt my eyes a little :goggles: :eyes:). It probably works better than it would have with a Vespa scooter (I imagine). I always associate those with more of an urban setting (the old alley in Naples type).
Though that in itself is without doubt only a corny klichée from some espresso-ad or sth.

greetings, Kologe

1 Like

I used lens distortion very little (0.015), but I think it would be better if I didn’t use it. When you deal with the rendering phase for too long, things can get messy.
I moved it away from the city because I wanted to create a muddy environment. Thanks for your comment.

In fact, if you can view it at full resolution, I think the distortion doesn’t bother you.

1 Like

Very sweet and lovely scene. Very nice lighting! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Amazing rendering! Congratulations
In the last image, is it a custom shader or matcap? This pink color is very nice.

2 Likes

Great work, :+1:
congrats.

1 Like

Very pretty render. Great work on the auto. I especially like the mud splashes.

1 Like

Thank you!
I created a soft pink material and selected it from the material override option.

1 Like

Teşekkür ederim

1 Like

Thank you. I’m just trying texture paint.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks!! I’m so glad

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Looks awesome man! Well done.

Question for you, did you model the car with Subd work flow within Blender? If so, how do you personally manage your model to prevent slow down within Blender?

I know that around 60k tris meshes just start bugging down and become horrible to manipulate / very pointless

1 Like

While this one looks brilliant talent-wise, I liked the cleaner one :slight_smile:

1 Like

amazing :+1:
I like the simple blue background
and stylized modelling style.

1 Like

I use subdivision and mirror at the same time. Mirror view is turned off. I usually keep the subdivision viewport at its lowest. I can’t say that it affected me that much.
With the Geometry node, it gets annoying when grass and tree come into play. In general, I keep the one that causes the slowdown closed in the viewport.

1 Like

Thanks, :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot!