Veteran Ace

Final render done in Unreal Engine.

Character emotes to explore the character’s personality and to assist during the sculpting process.

Turn table concept art I made in the span of a week at 50% work time. Kept refining the design more during the sculpting phase.

kenn-nystrom-breakdown-pilot-2
Breakdown of the model in Blender. Model size ended up at 27,529 tris and using a 4k texture map packed for Unreal Engine.

kenn-nystrom-pilot-concept-progress-2
Did more passes on my silhouettes and kept working on getting feedback from my classmates so I could pick out a final idea to keep iterating on.

kenn-nystrom-pilot-concept-progress
Created various silhouettes at the start of the project where the focus was more on receiving feedback and learning how to explore lots of ideas before committing to a single one.

Launched my school portfolio today! :partying_face:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YBGqbq

Became my first portfolio work when beginning my portfolio course at the start of the year. This piece was about taking a concept idea to a finished product by first developing and designing an elderly male character in 2D, which I would then 3D model and present in Unreal Engine. I did all of the sculpting in Blender this time around, but used Substance Painter to bake and paint the final textures. Some inspirations I had were a bunch of Ghibli films and Arcane.

thumbnail

20 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

I don’t know why but lately some “older” people design looked… weird… almost just young people with grey hair… so it’s very refreshing that some newcomer really looked at some reference… :+1: :wink:

Thanks! Did not have any particular references when drawing the face. Was just feeling it while looking at a bunch of clothing options and some random Arcane art. The sculpture helped me refine the face drawings even more once I did another pass, so both influenced each other.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like