Hello, everyone! I’ve finally finished a project that I’ve been working on for quite a considerable amount of time. This video includes eleven different renders, each composed of multiple particle/smoke simulations. With each of these simulations, I attempted on making “sci-fi energy blast” like things. The render times varied from an entire animation taking 5 hours to render, and some taking almost a week to finish.
The whole project took me half a year to complete, which is funny, considering that the final video was only half a minute long.
I used After Effects to composite all the different render passes together, color correction and lens flares. The rest (animating, simulating, rendering, etc.) was all done in Blender.
And without any further ado, here is the actual video: