Video editor not playing sound from other scenes

Hi, I have scene with audio in the “video sequencer editor”, and I want to use this in other scene at the “video sequencer”, so I add to the timeline the new “scene” and set it to “Sequencer”, and i can hear the sound, but i also add new strip of this scene but with the camera, its mute the other strip and i cant hear it any more.

If I have only this strip, its work fine!

But if i add also the “camera” of the scene the sound not work here any more (I do it like this because i want in the video editor also to get the sound from that scene and also to see the camera (and i edit the sound in the other scene)

Hello, this post might be what you’re looking for:

https://blender.stackexchange.com/a/189678

I wanted to try that for years but didn’t know there was this bug that deactivates the audio from a scene clip if another clips calls the same scene. might be worth a report, but I found a super easy & clean way to workaround that bug:

Basically just creating a blank scene that only holds in its setting the same render camera as your animation/lip-synch scene, and just below in the settings there’s “background scene” where you can put it too. So you essentially created a virtual clone. (should work with a collection instance or just putting the same collection/linked duplicate scene) but then the VSE works and plays the audio from your animation scene, and the video from the ghost/clone scene.

1 Like

Another point in the process that solves it for me and hopefully make it a viable and even more powerful soltution than iClone, is that it’s possible to do quick renders of the VSE once it starts lagging too much with animated characters, while overiding all the scenes render settings, and render fast in workbench or eevee, with this option I never realized was interesting:

Also having the clip/strip render setting overiden, and the edit/cut scene you’re in having the corresponding render mode.