Video texture in BGE

Hi everyone,

can someone help me with the video texture please? I am able to import a video in a textured plane and render it as a video but I can’t play it on the game engine? Can someone help me please?

megalmn2000

Nope, I’m pretty sure that you can’t play video textures in the game engine. Sorry. I was interested in this a while back but came up with nothing…

you need the video texture plug-in by… someone… search for it. Sorry, it’s late. I just wanted to say that it exists.

start here http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65107

I believe the video texture plug-in only works on Windows. Are you running on mac or linux?

Windows Vista.

Thanks a lot!

it doesnt work on my machine windows xp even though i got it all setup right

it doesnt work on my machine windows xp even though i got it all setup right
Old topic may I remind you… but anyways, the Video Texture player only runs in 2.45 or older (it does not work in 2.46 or apricot). =/

nope it doesnt run on 2.45 it just crashes after a while and it doesnt run on 2.44 either thats only for my pc even though all scripts are setup right

Hi, I was able to run the plugin successfull both on win XP and Vista. I didn’t play much with it thought. Actually it was just the ‘add video cut scenes to BGE’ tutorial, not sure if is the same thing. I’m also looking for that and some old threads deal with it but no plug in availible. Search for realtime refraction and render to tex…

Hey this is excellent! Is there any chance on getting this on Apricot and 2.46/2.47?