Video Transitions other than fade in/out and wipe

I am using Blender to do video editing. I have learned how to do basic video transitions such as fade in and out, and wipe. I have googled and searched the forums but haven’t found what I am looking for.

My question is: Isn’t there other transition effects that can be used? For example, with the YouTube editor you have the follow transition effects available:

Crossfade, crossblur, barn door, slide, heart, star, diamond, circle, horizontal blinds, vertical blinds, checkerboard, grid fade, puzzle, crossing stripes, radial wipe.

With Gratitude
Nicholas

Richard Marklew helped me in the other thread. I found in the manual :o different options for Wipe effect.

https://www.blender.org/manual/editors/sequencer/strips/types/effects/wipe.html

Thanks Richard.

heart, star, diamond, circle, horizontal blinds, vertical blinds, checkerboard, grid fade, puzzle, crossing stripes, radial wipe.
Who actually uses those unless you want your video to look tacky and made by a five year old with a new toy.

Well thanks sugar. Future clients might like those sorts of things. I like the Radial wipe. AKA “Clock.” Quite nice to denote going forward/backward in time. The Iris is also nice.

What transitions do you typically use? Simple wipes? Or something else?