Videoclips for Folkmusic? (update)

<scrape throat>

ahum…

<scrape throat again>

AHUM…

su proudly announces the first folk music videoclip ever!

http://www.dublet.org/Blender/Projects/Melodeon/avi/
or
http://dublet.xs4all.nl/Blender/Projects/Melodeon/avi/

My mother has been teaching how to play the melodeon (harmonika) for quite some time;

She has written the music and played it, which I recorded on somewhat simplistic equipment, so it isn’t the best sound quality
(studio’s are very expensive:(
Note: the music is copyrighted, but spread for free

In an effort to ‘promote’ her name and website I made a clip to accompany her music
(though I doubt many blenderheads play the hamonica or would like to learn:) !surprise me!)

I’ve been hearing this folkmusic as long as I can remember and have developed an immune system for it;)
Don’t say I didn’t warn you:)

advertising is not the reason for making this post:
I am not prepared to change the model (unless I hear a valid argument), for it took me a long time to make it “anatomically” correct,
but…
Somehow I do not feel ‘comfortable’ with how it’s being "shot’, I’m no Steven Spielberg, and have not been educated in Film/3d besides The Blender Book’s post-production chapter, so I could use some tips,
unless all of you say it’ ok ofcourse!

I can play it with mplayer, but I am curious if other equipment has trouble replaying it(stil playing with Mencoder’s command line functions…gee…too much …almost

The anim was made in blender(duh) version2.27 and 2.28
And I div-X-ed it with Mencoder(great tool) which I also used to put/attach the music in/under/to it.

Some specs:

NetBSD (Pentium3, 500Mhz) took about 40 hours to render it
originally about 300Mb,
mencoder made it about 3Mb, and the music doubled it to almost 6Mb
320x240
Video stream: 197.252 kbit/s (24656 bps) size: 3154961 bytes 127.957 secs 2944 frames
Audio stream: 168.549 kbit/s (21068 bps) size: 2706691 bytes 128.470 secs

( yes I need to add a few frames to the video )

Hope you like it!

PLEASE be gentle to my server

Videoclips for Folkmusic?
This is the first one I’ve seen!
Open Source, You gotta love it!

:expressionless:
Whoops…a little host resolving problem…we’re working on it…

Sorry about that, I’ll post an update if it’s “resolved” %|

(update)
could someone check this link for me…please?
I’m “behind” several servers and unable to check if someone from “outside” can go there:(
a post if you can’t would be nice.

http://dublet.xs4all.nl/Blender/Projects/Melodeon/avi/

It works for me (Konqueror).
Cheers
OlivS

Thanks,
Both links should work.
I can sleep easy now…

I liked it. I happen to like folk music too (and folkmetal :)) so I actually enjoyed watching it. I watched it three times (I love watching 3d animation, people should make more of them). It’s pretty dark, but otherwise good. The rhythm of the animation was nice, smooth. I liked the camera and piece movement too.

It could use something happening at the background though, and better video quality of course (but for web usage the filesize must be a problem). Maybe make a room around the animation? Or a nice forest or something. Could be done with few nice photos as background I guess. Wouldn’t be so dark with something like that.

watched it three times

wow, now that’s a compliment thanks,

I’ll make sure the next is a little “lighter”, and think about a background.

I am prepared to double the size to 640x480, only that would certainly “eat” my bandwidth away
so that will be available on request only (in the near future:)

This one took looong to render, and my pc has to do lots of other things at the same time, xmms, mozilla(with lots of tabs), (test) server, gimp a bunch of terminals and ofcourse blender.
(yeah,… it’s slow sometimes, but it keeps on going…:slight_smile:

Maybe in a week(or two) I’ll make a new one.