Viewing bone angle constraints

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to learn Blender over the past few months and the tutorials and this forum are great and a real help. However, I can’t seem to find a solution to my problem.

I have a rig of a character that moves how I like it to, but I need to add constraints to the bones so that the bones can’t move in an un-natural way. At first I tried the IK limits which work great as it displays the angle limits and boundaries (or guides) of the axis colours. However I have bones on the rig that I don’t want to make IK, so I then lose that function. For these bones I use a ‘limit rotation constraint’, which works well but I need it to show or display the axis constraints/boundaries/guides similar to the IK limits.

Is there a way to show this? It would help me so much to physically see what angles the bones are constrained to.

Many thanks.

What Blender use to display axis constraints is to use “Widget”. It is a simple wire frame display in place for the bone. Here is good tutorial for it at the end: http://vimeo.com/21357304