Vintage Study in Summer

(Eggyolk) #1

Hey guys, I’ve been working on an environment piece for a while. This is the first time I’ve done a non-character or prop project in a loooong time. I hope you like it! It was a nice change of pace! I really learned a lot on this one. It’s a home office sometime in the 60s or 70s. I hope you like it! C&C always appreciated!

(GraphiX) #2

Very nice work. Good atmosphere and rustic feel.

(reynante) #3

Another wonderful piece from you. Never ceasing to amaze us, I see. :slight_smile:

(Eggyolk) #4

Thank you so much GraphiX!

Thanks Reyn! I appreciate it. I actually poked through CMV learning tricks quite a bit making this piece. It’s a really invaluable tool!

(Horizon) #5

It’s impossible not to like it, excellent work.

(henrymop) #6

Tanuki.

How’d you do the dust in the air?

(Eggyolk) #7

Thanks so much Horizon!

I wondered if anyone would recognize it! I enjoyed hiding the Tanuki in there.
The dust is just composited afterwards with a screened image, I tried image based particles initially, but this caused quite a bit of lag and compositing became the easier solution.

(Talky) #8

This looks Great!

(Triastase) #9

Wow, such a great atmosphere and so much detail!

The only thing that looks a bit off to me is the carpet :wink:

(SynaGl0w) #10

Awesome! Great mood and lighting! :yes:

(Jamie B) #11

Incredible… nothing more to say really. Just incredible! :slight_smile:

5 stars

(Michele Marcelli) #12

Nice! :slight_smile: Good job man!!!

(keseyrage) #13

Looks great man. The modeling is intense and the whole scene gives an aged vibe.

Side note: Baton Rouge, LA is my home town :slight_smile:

(Bliz) #14

r.e.a.l.l.y. nice! I like it a lot.

The scene outside the window matches the interior in look and tone. Not something that can always be said with these interior room shots.

(thorst) #15

Wow. Better than a photograph.

(Taipan) #16

Very nice…It’s not hard to get in a mood…And there is so much to look at…Well done…:slight_smile:

Tai

(ctdabomb) #17

Wow, I’d love to work in that place. Nice job.

(CD38) #18

I love love this work, eggyolk. There’s so much visual interest and attention to detail, and fantastic lighting and color scheme! There’s a whole story being told. I have one minor critique, which is that the swing-arm lamp blends into the surrounding objects and could be separated more from the background. I think it’s the placement of the little notes that’s confusing my eye (were there post-it notes in the 70’s?).

I keep wanting to explore this image more and more!

(Jebbly) #19

Sorry, I am a beginner. When you textured these models, did you use Image Textures for everything or are there certain materials where you can be more “lenient on the realism?”

(thedaemon) #20

I’m glad you finished it. I enjoyed seeing your progress on the Discord Blender chat. Looks great!