Viper - space game

http://www.mediafire.com/?7esmfj95qfxmjf5

I didn’t have time this week to work on my project but i’ve unpack textures and packed them again, look if now the sky texture is opening.
There is also a little change in the hud and also a new weapon (middle mouse button).
Check it!!

Yes, that worked. I can see all the textures now, including the little particles which drift towards you as you fly. Very nice effect.
I’m hoping to do something similar myself for my snow levels, but using animated texture sheets.

Speaking of animated textures, is it OK if I use the “electric shock” texture in my own game? It looks really good.

Darn it! downloads Blender 2.49

This is a great little game! It has decent controls that are intuitive. I didn’t read any instructions whatsoever because I like to have them in-game but this game didn’t really need any instructions.

Good job. :RocknRoll:

Kind regards.

Thanks for reply!!!

[<b>Smoking_mirror</b>](http://blenderartists.org/forum/member.php?u=27607) you can take what you need.

By the way, my animated textures are made in Magic Partikles(free for non-profit use). I’m making a series of frames (mostly 36frames) in 256x256, after i’m creating a picture 1536x1536 and i’m puting frames to each other in seguence(starting from down left corner to top right corner). After i’m scaling it to 1024x1024 (or difrent size depending how good quality i need). Everything in Gimp.

I can help you with some good explosions or elektrik shock if you need.

Thanks, I have a bunch of animated textures already, I use the blender particles, and then use a grid of squares in blender with a orthographic camera. That way I can render out an animation in frames, move the frames (named “tmp001.bmp” and so on) to my animation file, and then when I open the blend file, the squares have the correct images, so I can just render a single big image.

I couldn’t get good electricty effects from blender particles though (haven’t tried in a while).

I will take a look at Magic Partikles to see if I can get good results.
Thanks^^

Hello

I’m trying to port my game to Blender 2.57 but I have a big problem with mouse look script for 2.57.
When I rotate my spaceship steering goes wild, I’m moving mouse in left and spaceship is going right or down.
In 2.49 i’ve changed the rotation to global rotation in script but in 2.57 it doesn’t give anything.
Maybe someone knows what to do?

Ok I’ve done almost everything to convert it to 2.57.
This is a little previev:

Nice work.
Blender 2.5 for the win!

Very,very good job sir! Nice movement,explosions,weapons! Minor crit - it would be nice if you can change the ball “flames” after the ship.Now they look like it’s dragging them on a chain :slight_smile: Sadly I can’t offer you a solution, but I’m sure you’ll find one that will benefit your great looks even further. Keep up the good work!

I know that this flames doesen’t look good but it is because of recording, fps is low.
I will try to post a blend file today that you can look on it in real.
Now I’m preparing a big update, second mission in space and third one on a planet, new ships new weapons etc.
Also I’m looking to add some kind of upgrade system to each ship.

http://www.mediafire.com/?v2jzh4owh7yyggo

This is 2.57 version of Viper. There are glitches but it is playable.

How difficult was it to update? I’m still thinking of moving to 2.5 soon, but I have too much of my project already finished…

Most of Logic Bricks didn’t need to be changed, only all scripts didn’t work, so I had to change them.
Still I didn’t figure out how to fix script TrackTo Nearest Object.

A little update:

I’ve added new background texture and destructable asteroids.
Texture made in Gimp.

Looks good!

This looks very promising. Very nice graphics. I just can’t figure out how to “complete” level 1.

Keep up the good work!

• cswita

I’ve made second level to my game, look and tell me what do you think about this desert mountains.