VirtualUndo Script - Anyone want to Help?

http://www.clubinfo.bdeb.qc.ca/~theeth/VirtualUndo.py

Martin

Hi all,

I just stumbled across this script - sounds neat. When Blender 2.33 was announced to /. the other day, there were a ton of mentions/complaints about Blender lacking multilevel undo for many features (Ie just about everything but mesh editting - but I recall specific mentions of the IPO editting and textures).

I don’t personally need undo, but from /. I got the impression that many potential users considered the percieved lack of multilevel undo to be a serious hinderance to their interest and willingness to use blender.

LetterRip

Well, I feel that for todays computing standards not having undo is quite weird. I feel comfortable on the Edit Mode where the U key is quite helpful. Not having undo on the rest of the Modes doesn’t keep me to use Blender but when I see that even a some-what-external data structure as that python script can add the undo feature or that it was one of the distintive features on that independent Blender version that had soft-meshes, Dod and clothes, it makes me think if would be really so difficult to add it to the official release %|

Anyway, I guess we can live without it, in fact we are doing :wink:

Just to bump !

Why did you bump this very old thread? Is there even any use for this script anymore?

jms this does seem a rather bizarre bump choice - is there any undo that isn’t available in Blender currently that might make this of use?

LetterRip

Sorry, i was afraid to see this thread closed and erased .