Volcano in the clouds

I posted the finished landscape in Finished Projects. Here are the final two supplemental renders.

For @Daf57, a closeup. It is not really what you were getting at, I know. The mountain just isn’t that tall, so getting in close doesn’t really provide much opportunity for looking up at the peak. I’ll play around with taller peaks in the future :). And we’re a little too close for comfort here, with the noise textures too clearly visible on the cliff faces.
So this one is from the perspective of someone walking up the spiral slope. I had toyed with the idea of putting a shrine on this slope, and having a train of pilgrims on their way to visit it. Decided it was far enough outside of my current knowledge that I should wait on something so ambitious.

For @Kodachrome, here’s a top-down render. For this one, I modified the cloud shaders so that they are still affecting the scene lighting and shadows, but are not visible to the camera. You can clearly see the effects of the camera clipping vegetation mask. It really helps to reduce particle counts, but you have to choose your perspective early on.

Thanks again to everyone for the encouragement/feature/likes. While this one is now done, please leave any comments which can improve my future projects!

3 Likes